The goal of the Pre-K program is to ensure Kindergarten readiness socially and academically. In order to make the academic transition to Elementary schools more successful, OBS uses proven Pre-K thru Grade 12 curriculum.
Big Day by Harcourt is the curriculum used for Pre-K. It is a proven-effective comprehensive early learning program that embraces children’s natural curiosity and encourages them to explore and connect to the world around them.
Big Day for Pre-K includes five BIG elements of success:
- Big Experiences: each day is organized around three big experiences—whole group, circle time and story time lessons—that provide an anchor for conversation, play and learning.
- Meaningful Conversations: oral language is at the heart of Big Day instruction and the program provides opportunities for children to hear language modeled and use language in rich and varied contexts.
- The Best Children’s Literature and Nonfiction texts: the program surrounds children with a diverse collection of authentic literature and nonfiction: big books, lap books, little books, eBooks, video storybooks, audiobooks, take-home books, and downloadable books.
- Innovative Technology: the program features a robust collection of online resources and tools that support teachers and extend early learning into the home and community.
- Relevant: The program offers integration of all curriculum areas to meet TX state educational standards.
Included in your tuition your child will receive enrichment classes. Computers, Spanish, and Gym 2 X a week and Music Education 1 X a week. These are separate instructors who use age appropriate curriculum. Click here for Pre-K curriculum for October.
Class time will be structured with group, individual, and free play times.
Children will go outside for 30 minutes in the morning and in the afternoon, weather permitting.